The city is covered with large green spaces including its most famous park, the Vondelpark, located in the south of Amsterdam. The city also offers a very rich architecture with buildings older than 600 years, canal houses, drawbridges and windmills.
The environment friendly city, has set up a large number of regulations for cars and promotes the use of bicycles and public transportation.
Amsterdam also offers numerous museums, with a majority located on Museumplein (Museum Square). Visitors will be able to find on this square the Rijksmuseum exhibiting Dutch artworks including Rembrandt’s masterpiece The Night Watch.
A short walk from the Rijksmuseum is the Van Gogh Museum, commemorating the artist's stay in Amsterdam. The exhibition "the Joy of Nature" dedicated to the work of the English artist David Hockney, is on display until May 26th.
Dining in Amsterdam?
· Spectrum (two Michelin stars restaurant)
· &Moshik (two Michelin stars restaurant)
· Blue sky (two Michelin stars restaurant)
Sleeping in Amsterdam?
• Sofitel Legend The Grand Amsterdam (5-star hotel)
• Waldorf Astoria Amsterdam (5-star hotel)
• Conservatorium Hotel (5-star hotel)
Charter a Private Jet to Amsterdam:
• From Paris: 1 hour flight time with a Citation Mustang
• From London: 50 minutes flight time with a Citation Mustang
The Main airport, Amsterdam Schipol, is located 9km south of the city. It offers a business viation terminal dedicated to private jets users.
Photo credit : Shutterstock